Pakistani Families Refuse to Bury Bloody Attack’s Victims in Quetta

20 Feb

Pakistani Families Refuse to Bury Bloody Attack’s Victims in Quetta
Local Editor

Pakistani families refused to bury victims of a bloody bombing in the city of Quetta as tens of thousands of protesters demand protection for Shia Muslims.
A bloody blast took place on Saturday in the populated Hazara Town in Quetta, an area dominated by Shiites, leaving 84 killed and 200 people, including women and children injured.

On Monday, the mourning relatives of the victims refused to bury the bodies of their loved ones unless the government takes concrete actions and finds the perpetrators of the slaughter. Reports said people in Quetta also blocked a road in a show of support for the victims of Saturday’s attack.

Earlier in the day, tens of thousands of Pakistani protesters marched nationwide in protest at the attack. The protesters said the Pakistani government had failed to take proper action to prevent the terror attacks on the Shia Muslim community.
Violence has escalated against Shia Muslims in different parts of Pakistan in recent months. At least 93 people were killed in a series of bombing last month. A majority of the people killed in the Alamdar Road blasts on January 10 belonged to the Shia community of Quetta.

On Tuesday, Pakistani forces killed four men and arrested seven others accused of killing Shiite Muslims, including an alleged mastermind of Quetta bomb attack, officials said.

Source: News Agencies, edited by moqawama.org

Annunci
%d blogger hanno fatto clic su Mi Piace per questo: